High-energy, driven individual, with exceptional skills in structure and performance. Proven well-rounded leader with a background in a variety of industries and technologies, with focus on data, machine learning and user experience.
If you'd like to know more or have any quesionts, please feel free to send me an email: blaga.lund [at] gmail.com.
VP of Engineering
Intent: New York, NY
October 2017 - present
Intent is the data science company for the world's leading online travel companies. By using machine learning to predict what each user wants, Intent delivers better experiences for users, maximum revenue and loyalty and the market's leading solution.
- ::Executive team leader.
- ::Driving the initiatives for innovative data products.
- ::Directly managing and mentoring a number of team leads.
- ::Establishing team standards and best practices.
- ::Hiring manager, focusing on representing Intent in the tech community and building diversity.
Executive Director of Engineering, Voyat
Intent: New York, NY
June 2016 - October 2017
Intent acquired Voyat Inc. in June 2016.
- ::Led the merger of Voyat and Intent's new product devision.
- ::Created new processes for product discovery and tech delivery.
- ::Cross-brand collaboration on tech initiatives.
- ::People management for both Voyat and Intent.
Director of Engineering
Voyat, Inc: New York, NY
August 2013 - June 2016
Voyat was a leading guest retention software platform for the hospitality industry. In a high-stake market, Voyat optimized the user experience to drive web conversions and brand loyalty.
- ::Grew the company alongside the founders from pre-funding to acquisition and beyond.
- ::Launched custom user experiences on some of the largest brands in the hospitality industry.
- ::Built a Facebook platform product that now has millions of connections.
- ::Established company-wide processes, best practices and communication directives.
- ::Led the engineering team with modern agile processes and continuous integration best practices.
- ::Managed both the US and European teams.
- ::Led recruitment and hiring.
- ::Represented the company at industry conferences.
Startup Weekend: New York, NY
April 2013 - March 2014
Startup Weekend is an educational movement for entrepreneurs, hosting events in 400 cities and 110 countries around the world. The New York chapter is one of the biggest and widely considered the most innovative, attracting talent and venture capital from all over the world.
- ::Organized a number of events with over 100 attendees.
- ::Opening speaker at the Startup Weekend B2B event in May 2015.
Karta: New York, NY
May 2013 - July 2013
Karta is a social utility that's focused on improving the way people share collections of places. Early stage startup part of the NEA Incubator Summer 2013.
- ::Joined the cofounders as Interim CTO during the incubator.
- ::Managed the offsite development team.
- ::Transitioned the original platform from a team based in Poland to a team in India.
Head of Engineering
Elm Analytics, LLC: Rochester, MI; New York, NY
July 2011 - April 2013
ELM Analytics is the leading provider of Automotive Industry supply chain data and intelligence.
- ::Led development, and product architecture and vision.
Edict, Inc: Rochester, MI; New York, NY
June 2007 - July 2011
Edict, Inc: Rochester, MI
July 2005 - May 2007
Edict is a software solutions company that specializes in innovative web development for companies such as Ford, General Dynamics, KPMG, Grant Thornton, Kaiser Permanente, JCB and others.
- ::Led development on a multitude of scalable web applications.
- ::Ran cross-team communication between Edict and client team.
- ::Involved in key product decisions.
- ::Onboarded and trained new developers.
B.S. COMPUTER ENGINEERING
Oakland University: Rochester, MI
2005 - 2008
- ::Magna Cum Laude
- ::Oakland University Dean's List every semester
- ::Treasurer for the Society of Women Engineers
- ::2006 DaimlerChrysler Foundation Scholarship Winner
- ::Studied Electrical Engineering in parallel
- ::Tau Beta Pi, Eta Kappa Nu, SWE
Studied MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
University of Michigan: Ann Arbor, MI
2004 - 2005